It’s the first of June, but it’s seems like it’s winter or early spring. In fact, it was raining for a bit this morning, but luckily it stopped by the afternoon.
I did major pruning on our four pear trees. I noticed that there were a lot of dead branches, so I pruned anything that was dead. I didn’t get everything, and I may leave one of the tall branches in the middle Bosc Pear since I noticed that that where our neighborhood hummingbird loves to perch and sing. I still have more to prune, but it was getting late and I was getting tired.
Before going in, I planted the 5 Dwarf Border Sunflower plants into a 5 gallon container. I’ll move this to the front later this week.
I also sowed Zinnia ‘Whirligig’ , Zinnia (Fall 2005) and Tall Double Strawflowers .
Inside, I sowed 8 kinds of Coleus from seeds I saved:
– Coleus (Unknown Burgundy G2-2006/2011)
– Coleus (Dapple Apple G2-2006/2011)
– Coleus (Sedona G2-2006/2011)
– Coleus (Amora G2-2005/2011)
– Coleus (Kong Green G2-2005/2011)
– Coleus (Kong Salmon Pink G2-2010/2011)
– Coleus (Dark Star G2-2005/2011)
– Coleus (Splash G2-2006/2011)
I also sowed some herbs:
– Basil ‘Hybrid Thai Lemon’
– Basil ‘Lettuce Leaf’
– Basil (Sweet, Chia brand)
– Perilla frustescens (Shi-so) ‘Vietnamese, Tia To’