I noticed that the Tri-Color Variegata Peppers has fruits. Yeay!
I planted the “forgotten” Lettuce and Swiss Chard grown from seed to the edge of the vegetable bed near the Cucumbers. I also planted a “forgotten” Brandywine OTV Tomato in an empty space in the other bed. I really doubt if it will produce fruits, but I felt bad for not planting it sooner.
I transplanted the “forgotten” Perillas–Large Leaf Korean Perilla ( photo ) and Tia To Vietnamese Perilla ( photo )–into larger pots, so they can grow a little larger before I plant them either in the vegetable bed, or in a Coleus pot.
This evening, I cooked a simple Filipino dish called Adobong Kangkong for dinner. As I was preparing the Kangkong (Water Spinach), I decided to save some to see if it would root.
I did some research and was surprised to discovered that Kangkong is a member of the Ipomoea genus along with Morning Glories and Sweet Potatoes.
I’ve been feeling ill since Saturday. It was like I had severe allergies and a flu all in one. I was so stuffed up and had such a hard time breathing. It sucked!… I had a 4 day weekend and wasn’t able to garden any of those days.
Although, I don’t quite feel 100% better… I planted a whole bunch of seeds in these cool cell packs I got last week from Big Lots. The 12-pack Mini Greenhouses were 99¢ each and the 9-cell packs were 97¢ for six. As an added bonus, eight 9-cell packs will fit perfectly into my Jiffy (72 pellet) Greenhouse.
Here’s what I planted:
– Mighty Red Oak Lettuce (3)
– Simpson Elite Lettuce (6)
– Maiko Garland Chrysanthemum (3)
– Smooth Beauty Luffa (6)
– Zinnia (saved from Fall 2005) – I think it’s ‘White Profusion’ (9)
– Thai Lemon Basil (3)
– All Red Edible Amaranth (3)
– Red Stripe Leaf Amaranth (3)
– Borage (3)
– Large Leaf Korean Perilla (3)
– Tia To Vietnamese Perilla (3)
– Fordhook Giant Swiss Chard (12)
– Lemon Cucumber (8)
– Sikkim Cucumber (4)
– Gold Dust Alyssum (4)
– Orange Cosmos (4) (thank you treebreeze :)
– Poached Egg Plant Meadow Foam (Limnanthes douglasii) (4)
– Plains (Bicolor) Coreopsis (4)
– Envy Zinnia (4)
– Candy Cane Mix Zinnia (4)