- 01:01 My praying mantis died today :( She was quite an interesting creature who was probably ~120 in human years! RIP Clingie. j.mp/4yV4hr #
- 09:00 I finally found my Winged Bean seeds, so I’m soaking them in water before sowing them (they havevery hard skins)… #
- 13:54 I hve to try this!!! > RT @easyecotogo My kale chips bit.ly/9ddKE2 may even try another flavor next time. #
- 17:14 I got 3 more half-gallon milk jugs from work that I can use to winter sow… #
- 18:16 The security woman downstairs gave me three branches from last week’s flower arrangement that were gonna be trashed :) j.mp/aUm7w6 #
I saw someone mention Kale Chips on Twitter and it fascinated me so much because I love Kale… I followed the links, read about it… and the recipe seems pretty easy. It’s basically baking or dehydrating pieces of Kale that is coated with olive oil, lemon juice and salt…
I’m at work right now and I can’t wait to try this. Maybe I can stop by Ranch 99 (an Asian grocery) and get some Kale… Hmm, or maybe Mustard Greens… Which I also love… I bet Mustard Greens will add some kick to it, similar to Wasabi Chips…
So I tried making the Chips and they turned out really good!
I got some Curl Leaf Kale and baked it at about 200°F for 20 minutes. It was still not crunchy, so I baked it longer. I think it took a total of about 45 minutes.