The Message Bean has sprouted its first leaves.
I planted two more Coleus pots. One contains ‘Red Ruffles‘ (new plant), ‘Unknown Speckled Green‘ (found cutting) and ‘Trailing Rose Frost‘ (overwintered cutting).
I took cuttings of the ‘Trailing Rose Frost‘ last year and overwintered them, but the stem rotted and the whole plant was almost lost, except for the tiny tips.
The second Coleus pot contains cuttings that I forgot about: ‘Sedona‘ and ‘Copper Splash‘. I hope they do well.
I noticed that two Coleus (‘Jade’ and ‘Fishnet Stockings’) had mealy bugs on its stem, so I took the sprayer and carefully, but thoroughly sprayed them off as well as I could.
I also noticed that a Coleus “Dip’t in Wine” branch snapped, so I snipped it off and divided it into two cuttings, which I will root.
Finally, when I was done with tonight’s garden and went inside, my Mom told me she found a Lemon seed sprouting in an old Lemon that she was cutting up for compost. So I took the srouting seed and (of course) planted it :)