I had some trouble with my camera today. A couple of my photo got corrupted and when I deleted them and took more photos, some would get corrupted. Luckily, I take multiple shot of each subject, so I didn’t loss too much.
I figured that there was some bad areas on the memory card, so I downloaded all the photos that could be downloaded and reformatted the card.
I took several hundred test photos and encountered more corruption, which confirmed that there are bad areas on the memory card.
I then remember a trick that I use to do back in the Atari days when I would get bad sectors on floppy disks.