I finally got my seeds from Amishland Heirloom Seeds in the mail. One of the bags had a hole, so I lost some of the Strawberry Spinach
I also return the past videos and got some new ones:
– YardWorks! Planting & Growth
– Morris Video Garden * Lawn Series: Pruning
– Rebecca’s Garden Volume 1 – Basic Gardening
– Rebecca’s Garden Volume 6 – Summer in the Garden
Along with these books:
– Ortho Books: All About Pruning by Judy Lowe
– Pruning and Grafting by Oliver E. Allen and the Editors of Time-Life Books
I tell ya, my brother is a pack rat, but he is good at finding deals. These were damaged goods on a pallet, that he bought at Home Depot. All of this for under $11.
– 1 bag Cocoa Magic Mulch
– 2 big bags of Ground Bark
– 8 big bags of Potting Soil
– 1 bag of Top Soil
Today at my Grandma’s house, I saw these weeds:
This unknown weed has dandelion-like flowers, but the plant stands upright
[Added Jan. 23, 2006] This is Senecio vulgaris (Groundsel). Thanks to Seoras64 on flickr for the ID.
[Added Jan. 23, 2006] This is Erodium cicutarium (Red-stemmed Filaree). Thanks to mschmidt62 on flickr for the ID. Also in the photo is a tiny Anagallis arvensis (Scarlet Pimpernel).
I also saw this weed a few days ago on Broadway Street (San Francisco). I really like the texture on its leaves. Anyone know what this is?
[Added Jan. 23, 2006] This is Urtica dioica (Stinging Nettle). Thanks to urtica on flickr for the ID.