I’ve noticed more and more LED holiday lights (like these or these) for sale and had an idea. I wonder if those LED mini lights can be used to create a grow light for my overwintering plants. Here are some other question I have and need to do some research on:
– Are the holiday mini lights enough light? How much do I need?
– Are they the correct light spectrum? Do I need to get reds, blues, whites?
– Will they really use less energy than my current fluorescent ones?
– Where is a good source of lights? Hopefully, there will be some left at the After-Christmas sales.
– Has anyone here use any LED grow lights and how well did they work?
I’ll have to do more research, but here are some initial findings:
☉How to Make LED Grow Light Panels
☉DIY Your Own LED Light Grow Box Today!
☉Hydroponic DIY – How to Make an LED Plant Growing Box!
☉Cheap LED Light and Grow Box