I first heard about the iLuv Vibe Plus Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker on TUAW’s website (iLuv iPhone dock includes “bed shaker”) and immediately placed an order for it on Amazon (product page) even though it was not released yet.
After waiting about a month, I finally got it in the mail… My first impression: I love my new Alarm Clock!
The first thing I did when I opened it and plugged it in was dock my iPhone on it and it automatically set the time and date on its own. My Mom thought it had it’s own atomic clock.
I really like the Alarm Features:
– There is two separate alarms and each on has its own button to turn it on/off.
– Frequency: M-F, Sat+Sun or Everyday
– Using the wheel, you select the hour, then the minute. You can set it forward or backwards.
– Wake to Shaker, Buzzer+Shaker, iPod+Shaker, Radio+Shaker, Buzzer, iPod, Radio
– If you pick Radio, you can set the volume level.
You can play the radio/iPod through the Alarm Clock Speakers, through the Shaker or both. The Shaker itself has 3 volume settings (low, medium and high)
I set the alarm 1 to play the radio at a low volume 30 minutes before I want to wake up. I then set the second alarm to shake (not buzzer since it takes a really loud ring to wake me up and it’ll wake my brother up first)
I didn’t actually get to see if the alarms wakes me up the first night because I woke up too early, since I have a lot of work today.